I am a fun-loving Occupational Therapist with intense passion for Paediatrics and Community-Based Rehabilitation. I am enthusiastic about empowering families and communities. Since graduating from the University of Kwa Zulu Natal in 2017, I completed my Community Service at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital and thereafter began working within the Ekhuruleni District, Gauteng, for the Department of Basic Education. Later in 2019, I joined the Talk Sense Team.
Between the two workplaces, I provide Occupational Therapy services for learners between the ages 4-21 – alternating between Early Intervention and Prevocational Rehabilitation.
My career highlights and skills include:
- Currently completing my Sensory Integration Training through the South African Institute for Sensory Integration.
- Began my DIR – Floor time training in July 2021.
- AAC trained therapist (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) – Level 1.
- Registered SGDA (Sandra Griffin Dyslexia Academy) Diagnostician qualified to conduct SGDA Dyslexia Assessment.
- Leading the Prevocational Rehabilitation Process for learners with Severe Intellectual Disability at Isipho Sethu LSEN School – partnered with various work placements for learners to gain practical work skills in attempts to assist learners with Intellectual Disabilities to find suitable work upon exiting school. I want to bridge the gap between disability and employment.
- Trained Facilitator in Media Works Accelerated Learning Programmes for capable learners to exit LSEN School with NQF Level.
- How2Study – Study Skills Coach